The primary responsibility of this position is to support and assist servers deliver service to guests by continuously maintaining cleanliness and organization of guest tables and surrounding areas.
- Greets guests in a warm, friendly, and inviting manner.
- Provides water to the tables in a timely manner.
- Removes items from table tops that are not in use by the guest.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and maintains table tops, chairs, booths, and flooring of the restaurant that the guest comes in contact with during the dining experience.
- Checks and maintains the restrooms to ensure cleanliness, availability of towels, soap, and other restroom necessities. Monitors and removes trash when needed. Keeps all surfaces and flooring clean and free of excess water.
- Seeks servers to answer guest questions when unable to answer the guest accurately and confidently.
- Completes daily opening, closing, and weekly side work requirements in a detailed, timely, and efficient manner.
- Assists the host in providing an assessment of what tables are available or are becoming available.
- Utilizes a “circuit” mobility of constantly moving through each part of the restaurant to help team members and deliver exceptional experiences to the guest.
- Subscribes to the “full-hands in” and “full-hands out” mentality.
- Ensures the guest receives clean silverware, plates, and glassware.
- Anticipates the items that a guest will need through each stage of service and provides them without the guest having to ask.
- Communicates clearly, professionally, and positively with team members to promote a positive work environment that ensure guests receive exceptional service experiences.
- Follows company policies, procedures, and systems.
- Follows instructions regarding the use and storage of chemicals and cleaning supplies.
- Promotes a supportive, respectful and inclusive work environment.
- Creates a team cohesive and collaborative environment by listening, communicating, and helping the team work together to deliver the same positive memorable experiences to guests.
- Handles guest issues professionally and communicates with the manager or asks for help when needed.
- Supports the team in making sure the tables are well maintained, guests are seated, food and drinks are ran to tables accurately and quickly, refills drinks, and removes dirty plate ware, glassware and utensils in a timely manner.
- Wears appropriate uniform according to company policy and industry regulations.
Experience and Education
- State Food Handler’s Management Certification is required
- Responsible Alcohol Service Certification is required
Here at Upward Projects, we make people feel good and with this commitment, we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon, race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please contact People & Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance or accommodation due to a disability.