The primary responsibility of this position is to accurately prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to recipe specifications or per guest request, while maintaining a clean, organized, and sanitized work area. The position delivers a full service experience to guests sitting at the bar and assists other service positions as needed.
Specific Job Duties
- Greets guests in a warm, friendly, and inviting manner.
- Assesses the needs of the guest and is able to adapt the style of service and type of service a guest is expecting from only drinks to a full-dining dining experience with food and drinks.
- Accurately pours and makes drinks in a timely, efficient, clean, and organized manner.
- Makes appropriate suggestions and recommendations to enhance the guest’s experience.
- Answers questions regarding food, beverage, service, and the brand.
- Possesses a commanding and confident understanding of the brand, food, and beverage items.
- Can accurately explain the different types of spirits and provide additional information to guests about wine, beer, and other bar products.
- Cuts bar drink garnishes according to company standards and ensures freshness throughout the day.
- Prepares fresh juices and syrups as needed.
- Labels and dates and initials production and open items.
- Able to understand bar terminology and can reproduce guest requests as needed.
- Completes daily opening, closing, and weekly side work requirements in a detailed, timely, and efficient manner.
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests and enters all items into the Point of Sale (POS) accurately and organizes the timing and positioning of the delivery of menu items according to the guest’s needs.
- Communicates any special modifications with the kitchen through the POS Informs the kitchen of large party tickets before entering into the POS, or when necessary, through communicating with the expeditor.
- Prioritizes focused service in the bar but also utilizes a “circuit” mobility of moving through each part of the restaurant to help team members and deliver exceptional experiences to the guest.
- Able to work within the service well and produce consistent quality drinks for servers to deliver to the guests in a timely manner.
- Cleans glassware continually through the shift both by hand using a dish machine.
- Polishes and examines glassware and discards chipped items in appropriate bins to ensure it is not used in service to the guest.
- Operates dish machine by sorting and rinse dirty glasses and other bartending utensils and placing them in racks.
- Routinely check chemical and temperature levels and correct as needed Subscribes to the “full-hands in” and “full-hands out” mentality.
- Ensures the guest receives clean silverware, plates, and glassware.
- Ensures the cleanliness and organization of the bar-top, bar back area, chairs, and flooring.
- Anticipates the items that a guest will need through each stage of service and provides them without the guest having to ask.
- Communicates clearly, professionally, and positively with team members to promote a positive work environment that ensure guests receive exceptional service experiences.
- Serves food and beverage items promptly and efficiently to all guests.
- Follows company policies, procedures, and systems.
- Follows cash handling procedures and accurately computes tips in the POS and secures cash transactions.
- Promotes a supportive, respectful and inclusive work environment.
- Follows instructions regarding the use and storage of chemicals and cleaning supplies.
- Creates a team cohesive and collaborative environment by listening, communicating, and helping the team work together to deliver the same positive memorable experiences to guests.
- Checks-in with guests on a regular basis to inquire about product taste, presentation, and delivery of food and beverage items and makes corrections in a friendly and efficient manner accordingly.
- Handles guest issues professionally and communicates with the manager or asks for help when needed.
- Supports the team in making sure the tables are well maintained, guests are seated, food and drinks are ran to tables accurately and quickly, refills drinks, and removes dirty plate ware, glassware and utensils in a timely manner.
- Subscribes to the procedure of placing the guests check in front of the guest on a continual basis so the guest is able to access the check immediately without having to wait.
- Presents checks and accepts payment from guests in a timely manner.
- Assists in table transfers of product from bar top to the dining, cocktail, or patio areas Wears appropriate uniform according to company policy and industry regulations.
Here at Upward Projects, we make people feel good and with this commitment, we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon, race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please contact People & Culture Team at email@example.com for any assistance or accommodation due to a disability.